The Marquette Township Business Association is gearing up for it’s annual membership drive. Why should you become a member of the Marquette Township Business Association? Here are 7 reasons:
1. Collective Voice – There is power in a strong collective voice. There is ability and influence here. This is nice especially when your back seems against the wall and you need support. We share your same goals and concerns and have banded together for positive business change.
2. Conduit – This association is a conduit to the local governing authority with feedback to our group. At least one joint meeting a year with the township officials helps both of our groups to stay in touch. The township treasurer’s position (currently Ernie Johnson) is a permanent liaison to MTBA appointed by the township board. The township planner/zoning administrator is also present monthly (currently Jason McCarthy) to keep the line of dialog going between the township planning side and the businesses.
3. Inside Scoop – Each month MTBA has a 59 minute lunch with fellow business associates and township representatives. Learn what other business owners’ concerns are and share your views with township officials as they take the comments to the appropriate committees. It has become a very positive process.
4. Out Reach at www.marquettetownship.biz – As a member, we will link your business website to MTBA’s website as well as Marquette Township’s website. If you do not have a website, our webmaster and his staff are willing to create a site for your business for a nominal fee. Pictures and happenings in your business can also be featured on the MTBA website, highlighting and welcoming business activities throughout the year. So please forward your email and website address for posting.
5. Membership Growth Director – Your dues help support the membership director, Ashley Krook. Some of her duties include informing you about events and meetings. Forwarding agendas, minutes, and building membership ranks. We have nearly 50 members out of approximately 200 township businesses. We publicize the “First Dollar” through local news media to recognize new ventures in the community. Her phone number is (906) 361-5137 if you have any membership questions.
6. Immediate Assistance – There is always someone available to answer any questions related to owning a business in Marquette Township. Email the MTBA at email@example.com and we will find answers for you.
7. Community Involvement – By helping the township progress, the MTBA ensures that the township continues to be an area where businesses want to locate. We are a direct connection to the community by publicizing member businesses and creating interaction with residents, businesses and community leaders.
To become a member, you may email the MTBA at firstname.lastname@example.org , call Frank Stabile at (906) 225-1225 or call Ashley Krook at 906-361-5137.
“Working together to build a strong business community”